Lightened procurement is a procure that can be used for making procurements that fall below the national threshold and remain outside the scope of the Act on Public Procurement and Concession Contracts.
The procedure can be used when the information pursuant to the Act on Public Procurement and Concession Contracts need not be declared, but you want to use the versatile scoring of price and comparison criteria. Lightened procurement is typically used by energy companies, for example. Lightened procurement is also well-suited to those who make small-scale procurement and put procurement below the national threshold out to open tender, but still want to use versatile scoring.
Preparing a call for tenders
The call for tenders form of a lightened procurement is consistent with the national procurement notice template. All checks pursuant to the Act on Public Procurement and Concession Contracts have been removed from the template, but the publication of the call for tenders requires that all mandatory information marked with an asterisk (*) have been filled out.
Contracting authority and contact information
Contact information of the contracting authority
Mandatory information is marked with an asterisk (*). Click ‘Return contracting authority’s contact information’ from the top right corner to return the default information.
- Enter a procurement name.
Procurement identification or reference number
- The system will assign an identification number automatically. The identifier may be edited if necessary.
Procurement validity period
- Select the procurement category
If applicable, click ‘Do not show category to suppliers’ to hide the procurement category from tenderers.
Estimated value of procurement
- Enter the exact value or price range
- Select whether the estimated value or price range is to be published on the call for tenders form
Possible option information
Type of procedure
Type of procedure
- Select the type of procedure
If applicable, click ‘Do not show type of procedure to suppliers’ to hide the type of procedure from tenderers
Partial tenders within object groups allowed
- Select whether partial tenders within object groups will be allowed.
Alternate tenders accepted
- Select from the calendar or enter the time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
- If applicable, enter additional information related to the time limit for tenders under ‘Additional information’.
Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
Click a section image to view instructions for other sections:
NOTE! A lightened procurement can be published both to the Small-Scale Procurement Service and to the Supplier Portal. A lightened procurement cannot be published to HILMA.